Purpose: The Research and Mentorship Program (RAMP) aims to recruit and retain a new generation of HIV vaccine researchers by providing structured mentorship and project funding to minority medical students.
- Projects: 8-16 week or 9-12 month mentored research projects. Read previous scholars' profiles and project profiles: 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011
- Eligibility: African American/Black and Latino/a U.S. medical students
Purpose: The South African HVTN AIDS Vaccine Early Stage Investigator Programme (SHAPe) aims to expand and strengthen the contribution of South African investigators to HIV vaccine research through a structured research, mentorship and PhD program.
- Projects: Structured mentoring and 36 months of funding including salary, research-related costs, and participation in career development activities. Support may be available to cover Ph.D. program fees.
- Eligibility: South African MD early stage investigators
Non-Human Primate Early Stage Investigator Scholars
Purpose: The Non-Human Primate (NHP) Early Stage Investigator Scholar Program aims to attract and retain promising young investigators interested in improving NHP models that support preventive HIV vaccine development, and provide a framework for ongoing ESI mentorship that will foster increased collaboration between clinical and NHP scientists addressing common questions in vaccine discovery.
- Projects: 1-2 year mentored research projects. See the profiles and scholar projects.
- Eligibility: Investigators within 10 years of completing an MD or PhD degree currently conducting non-human primate research.
Not currently enrolling new scholars. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.