The HVTN will offer a limited number of travel awards to ESIs currently conducting HIV research. These awards will support participation in both the Translational HIV Early Stage Investigator Conference.
These awards include:
- Round-trip transportation/airfare to the conference
- Hotel accommodations for the duration of the conference
- Per diem payment for meals not provided
- Transportation to and from the conference-related events
Awardees are expected to attend the full duration of the conference, including any ESI-focused events. Awardees must also complete any conference evaluation forms distributed by the organizers.
Airfare and hotel expenses will be paid directly by conference travel funds, while other expenses will be reimbursed. All travel expenses must be in accordance with HVTN travel policies.
The period for accepting travel award applications has closed. Awardees will be announced shortly.
- These travel awards are specifically for early stage investigators (ESIs).
- Applicants must be within ten (10) years of completing their terminal research degree, medical residency, or equivalent AND not have been awarded as PI on an R01 or similar grant.
- Applicants must be actively engaged in translational, clinical, or NHP research related to HIV development.
- Non-US citizens and permanent residents are eligible and welcome to apply.
- Clinicians and clinical investigators must demonstrate evidence of research activities e.g. publications, grants, training, etc.
If you have questions, please contact:
Questions about travel can be directed to email@example.com.