Applications for travel awards to attend the 2019 Translational ESI Conference are no longer being accepted.
The HVTN will offer a limited number of travel awards to ESIs currently conducting HIV research. These awards will support participation in both the Translational HIV Early Stage Investigator Conference and the HVTN Full Group Meeting (FGM).
These awards include:
- Round-trip transportation/airfare to the conferences
- Hotel accommodations for the duration of the conferences
- Per diem payment for meals not provided
- Transportation to and from the conference-related events
Awardees are expected to attend the full duration of both conferences, including any ESI-focused events at the FGM. Awardees must also complete any conference evaluation forms distributed by the organizers.
Airfare and hotel expenses will be paid directly by conference travel funds, while other expenses will be reimbursed. All travel expenses must be in accordance with HVTN travel policies.
- These travel awards are specifically for early stage investigators (ESIs).
- Applicants must be within ten (10) years of completing their terminal research degree, medical residency, or equivalent AND not have been awarded as PI on an R01 or similar grant.
- Applicants must be actively engaged in translational, clinical, or NHP research related to HIV development.
- Non-US citizens and permanent residents are eligible and welcome to apply.
- Clinicians and clinical investigators must demonstrate evidence of research activities e.g. publications, grants, training, etc.
Childcare will be provided on an as-needed basis. If you anticipate requiring childcare, please contact the Conference Project Manager:
Questions about travel can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.