Applications for 2020-2021 are now closed. Please check the site in the Fall of 2021 for information on the next round of applications, or email Linda Oseso, RAMP Program Manager (email@example.com) to be notified when applications are open.
Who can apply?
The HVTN will be accepting up to 5 RAMP scholars who meet the following criteria:
- Self-identify as African-American and/or Latinx
- Student attending an accredited US medical school conferring MD and DO degrees
- In good academic standing
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Interested in pursuing a future career in HIV research
November 16th, 2020: Application Open
Week of December 1st, 2020: Projects Posted on Website
January 4th, 2021: Applications due by 5:00pm PST
March 2-3, 2021: Announcement of awarded scholars
1. Review the Request for Applications and RAMP application materials
2. Identify the Project of Interest
Project Options for the 2021-2022 Cycle:
Applications for 2020-2021 are now closed. Please check the site in the Fall of 2021 for information on the next round of applications, or email Linda Oseso, RAMP Program Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be notified when applications are open
To see projects of our current and former scholars, check out their profiles.
3. Complete the RAMP Scholar Online Application and Submit All Required Materials
In order for your application to be complete, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Complete the online RAMP Scholar Application, and submit all materials via the form
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript (unofficial PDF preferred)
- First year students should provide a medical school and an undergraduate transcript
- Second, third and fourth year students should provide a medical school transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation emailed to (HVTNawards@hvtn.org):
- Dean, Associated Dean of Student Affairs or equivalent – must provide a letter of recommendation that indicates your student status and approval of your participation in RAMP.
- One professional reference– a person who can speak to your potential for success and attributes that contribute to that success
Applications are due by 5:00 pm PST January 4th, 2021