Applications for 2018-2019 have closed. Please check the site in September 2019 for information on the next round of applications, or email Jenna Udren, RAMP Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be notified when applications are open.
Who can apply?
The HVTN will be accepting up to 8 RAMP scholars who meet the following criteria:
- Self-identify as African-American and/or Latinx
- Student at US medical school
- In good academic standing
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Interested in pursuing a future career in HIV research
TBD Initial contact with mentors
TBD Applications due by 5:00pm PST
1. Review the Request for Applications and RAMP application materials
- Request for Applications
- Budget Form
- Mentor List
- Sample Budgets
- Scholar-Mentor Expectations Table
- Example Scholar-Mentor Agreement
2. Complete the RAMP Pre-Application Questionnaire
After you complete the online RAMP Scholar Pre-Application Questionnaire, the RAMP Manager, Jenna Udren, will contact you to discuss potential investigators who can assist you in selecting a project or topic of interest and potentially serve as a mentor for that project.
3. Identify and Contact Potential Mentor(s)
HVTN investigators act as mentors. Contact potential mentor(s) to work with you on your project and application materials. Introduce yourself, and provide them with your resume/CV so they gain a sense of your experience and interest.
The deadline for initial contact with mentors is TBD.
4. Complete the RAMP Scholar Online Application and Submit All Required Materials
Work with your mentor(s) to complete all application materials. In order for your application to be complete, New Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Complete the online RAMP Scholar Application & Submit all Materials Via the Form
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript (unofficial PDF preferred)
- First year students should provide a medical school and an undergraduate transcript
- Second, third and fourth year students should provide a medical school transcript
- Detailed Budget Form
- Letter of Recommendation (from professor, dean, or relevant professional, can also be emailed to HVTNawards@hvtn.org)
- Applicant Assessment form (from mentor[s])
Additional Requirements for Returning RAMP Scholar Applicants:
- An essay on why the applicant wants to return to the HIV vaccine research field, and how the proposed project will align with the scholar’s short- and long-term career goals (1 page maximum)
- Letter from previous RAMP mentor(s) providing detailed feedback on previous RAMP research and mentoring experience
Applications are due by 5:00 pm PST TBD